Dr. Kelley McVarish is one of Windsor Chiropractic Health Centre's chiropractors and co-owners. Dr. McVarish received her Doctorate of Chiropractic from Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. Originally from Sydney, she graduated from Cape Breton University with a Bachelor of Science, Honours Biology. Dr. McVarish is a professional member of the Nova Scotia College of Chiropractors and Canadian Chiropractic Association.
Dr. McVarish's goal is to get her patients moving better and feeling their best. To do this, she takes a functional, biopsychosocial approach to treatment because issues in one body area have unintended consequences on others. As a result, she assesses all of her patients from head to toe. Her treatment aims to resolve her patient's current issues, give insights on how they move and teach them how to prevent re-aggravation.
Dr. McVarish loves treating runners, prenatal and postpartum women, as well as foot issues. With all of her patients, she uses a combination of muscle work, exercise, acupuncture, gait analysis, shockwave therapy, kinesiology taping, motor control retraining and adjustments when appropriate.
Dr. McVarish enjoys her job, running, golfing and spending time with her husband and three children.
Education, certifications and training includes:
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Bachelor of Science, Honours Biology
- Clinical Acupuncture Certification
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment, Level One & Two Certification
- Functional Range Conditioning Certification
- Functional Movement System Certification
- Grow Co Ambassador
- Gait Guru Certification
- DNS Exercise 1
- Girls Gone Strong - Certified Pre & Postnatal Coach
- Acupuncture Canada - Dry Needling Level One
- Webster Technique Certification